HR Generalist, Non-Profit
The HR Generalist of the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation ("SPJA") is responsible for the business development and ideation for SPJA’s event content and programming strategy. The major areas of responsibility include: compliance, increasing employee engagement and experience, recruiting, and training.
- Performed full-cycle recruitment in a small team environment
- Demonstrated training with hiring Managers and ATS
- Demonstrated comprehensive generalist skills
- Familiar with Event Management environment and Volunteers- strong plus
- Staffing agency background- plus
For your HR growth
- Working with executive level leaders on key HR projects
- Grow your legal HR & ER expertise working with the HR Director (also an attorney)
- Have a strong voice in shaping the HR and Recruiting experience
- Develop the skills to move forward in your HR career towards HR Manager
Bachelor degree required, PHR preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and more
About the SPJA Team
Joining the SPJA team is ideal for those seeking to make a difference in a culture based community, providing not only operational support to the organization but helping to promote a positive work environment for both our small team of employees and large team of volunteers. We're located in the Brookhollow complex, on the border of Irvine/Santa Ana near the 55 fwy and Warner.
We are a 501©6 mutual benefit non-profit team expanding to meet the organization’s growth and ongoing success. What does success look like? Ongoing growth in attendance of our key events.
Our team values strong consensus-building skills, tremendous personal integrity, and dedication to superior customer service. We consider ourselves to be hands on workers who are self-starters combining excellent communication with strong technical skills. We share a passion for Japanese anime.
Our employee roles are unique at SPJA, fulfilling two critical functions. First of course is the core role, the second and unique element is our team's transformation into volunteer team leaders during Anime Expo with 100,000+ in attendance event and other events.