Senior Entertainment Manager
The Senior Entertainment Manager brings SPJA's events to life. You're responsible for the management, maintenance, coordination, and support of all entertainment programming and content execution for SPJA events and you lead the employees and volunteers who help you get it done.
- Content & Programming Execution: execution and logistics for content & programming strategy of SPJA’s event which have excess of 800+ hours of programming such as concerts, panels, workshops, interactives, streaming, and other content related programming. Close collaboration with the Director of Operations, Directory of Industry, Director of Content, and executive team plus successful communication with partners, talent, agencies, and external management staff.
- Relationship Building: retaining and communicating with existing entertainment relationships both domestically and internationally plus Guest of Honor Relations, ensuring an exceptional experience for our high profile guests.
- Administration of Entertainment department travel, event calendar, and expense reporting and the development of department standards and operating procedures.
- Employee and Volunteer Management within Entertainment department such as Main Events, Guest Relations, Programming, etc.
- Vendor Management in which you source, negotiate, and manage performances of key third-party vendors such as audio & visual, event ticketing, decorator, etc.
- Planning & Budget Management: Develop, track, and manage all functions of the Entertainment department budgets including forecasting, planning, and compliance with SPJA finance policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO
- You easily explain your ability to grow and develop both employee and volunteer teams
- You can describe why you call yourself an "Excellent Project Manager" and wow us with examples- keeping in mind this role balances thousands of projects, big and small
- Multi level Brand Management savvy and ability to engage talent, panels, licensing, domestic streaming, and pop culture
- You bring 5+ years of proven results in event planning and/or operational management experience in the anime and/or video game industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business related degree preferred
- This role speaks to the world about our events, so fluency in Japanese is strongly preferred
- You bring hustle, our events involve walking all day
- You apply good judgement, high ethics and calm problem-solving skills, even under pressure.
- Must be able to attend meetings, conferences and events (including social functions) nationally and internationally as necessary.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)