Customer Service Coordinator / Receptionist
The Customer Service Coordinator/Receptionist position performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving and interacting with the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping. The major areas of responsibility include:
- Interaction with the Public: Deal directly with the public either by telephone, electronically or in person.
- Information Services: Provide information to the public and coordinate requests for special arrangements as appropriate with courtesy and efficiency.
- Liaison: Serve as a conduit between customers and multiple departments within SPJA to streamline communications, policies, procedures, and deliverables.
- Volunteer Management: Hire, train, and supervise a team of volunteers for at con needs.
- Responsiveness: Respond promptly to inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Analytics: Through Desk.com, run reports and provide analytics regarding response times, and inquiry types.
- Reporting: Maintain record details of inquiries, comments, and complaints as well as actions taken.
- Interdepartmental Coordination: Communicate needs with other SPJA department/divisions as well as related SPJA vendors.
- Process Improvement: Follow up on customer interactions and provide feedback on efficacy of the customer service process.
- Marco Construction: Create flow charts, and program automated responses using templates for common inquires.
- Reception: Answering the telephone and responding to all inquiries regarding the SPJA and its events in a professional and timely manner.
- Mail: Sorting all communications and inquiries coming into the office (including physical, postal, and electronic mail) in such a manner that they can be addressed in a timely and professional fashion. This includes receiving all deliveries made to the office.
- Inventory: Developing, documenting, administering, and maintaining an inventory control system. This includes, but limited to, communicating various departments who have inventory at the office as well as ensuring that all parties have copies of their inventory. This includes general office supplies such as staples, envelopes, paper reams, etc.
- Calendar Management: Update and maintain office schedules and calendars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to physically move with reasonable accommodation for long periods of time.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and judgement.
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible with strong communications skills under pressure.
- Must live in Southern California with reliable, independent transportation.
- Must remain calm and level-headed under pressure.
- Must be able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to perform required tasks at convention away from the SPJA office.
- Familiarity with Desk.com, Excel, Outlook, and Teamwork.
- Conversant or fluent in Japanese.