Entertainment Event Manager
The Entertainment Events Manager is responsible for the management of a team of coordinators and vendors for the space planning, coordination, and execution of all activities and activations for SPJA events including, without limitation, shows, concerts, industry panels, and screenings.
The Entertainment Events Manager must be creative, organized, able think creatively and quickly, and able to approach unique problems in new ways as well as an excellent collaborator and planner, with great attention to detail, as well as hold a proven track record in live events and conventions.
The Entertainment Events Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Team Management: Manage the team of coordinators and vendors, including supervision of work, headcount compliance, disciplinary actions, and motivation of employees and volunteers.
- Event Management: With support from staff, industry partners, and talent, the Entertainment Events Manager is responsible for set up, take down, and execution of SPJA events.
- Talent Facilitation: Partner with others to facilitate the coordination of talent time, needs, and communications.
- Creation: In the event that it is not provided by outside parties, the Entertainment Events Manager is also responsible for the creation of certain events and scripts as well as the creation and management of the individual show writers, show script, A/V direction and preparation details.
- Relationship Building: Have ongoing communication and maintain positive relationships with external partners to ensure the success of SPJA events.
- Administration and Collaboration: Coordinate all aspects of the production of events including, but not limited to: calendar management, budget forecasting and adherence, internal and external communications, and policy enforcement. Work closely with necessary departments and divisions to ensure all Event needs are met.
- Customer Service: Dealing with any issues that arise with attendees, volunteers, industry partners, and guests as it pertains to the production of events.
- Vendor Management: Assist in managing vendors involved with the production of events.
- Organizational Planning: Execute projects that improve the processes and workflow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience with an entertainment event production background.
- Stage-management experience.
- Must be able to lead, and supervise staff in an organized fashion.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and judgment.
- Must have strong work ethic, able to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Must express verbal and physical professionalism along with flexible strong communication skills under pressure.
- Must live in Southern California with reliable, independent transportation.
- Must remain calm and level-headed under pressure.
- Must be able to attend meetings, conferences, and events (including social functions) as necessary.
- No commitments to other conventions.
- Knowledge of current Anime and Manga a plus.
- Must be able to perform required tasks at conventions away from the SPJA office.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation to oversee different events and different locations within the same convention.
- Working knowledge of the Japanese language, culture, and business practices.