Artist Alley Coordinator
The Artist Alley Coordinator will play a key role in managing 500+ amateur and semi-professional artists exhibiting at the event. This person will also train and lead a department of 30 volunteers who will assist with onsite operations. This person will be responsible for creating table assignments, maintaining documentation, generating reports and assisting the Division Manager/Assistant Division Manager of Registration and Exhibits as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not-limited to:
* Work with the Division Manager/Assistant Division Manager of Registration and Exhibits to understand the Artist Alley and Division’s objectives.
* Ensure streamlined execution of Artist Alley through thorough planning, monitoring, and communication for all Artist Alley participants. Maintain documentation of artists throughout the year.
* Assist with registration sales for Artist Alley. Create reports and analytics based on the sales. Provides input on performance.
* Provide customer satisfaction by giving timely and professional responses.
* Oversee a department of 30 volunteers. Work with Volunteer Resources to appropriately onboard the volunteers for the department. Effectively communicate and train volunteers to adhere to SPJA policies and procedures. Develop schedules for the department.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate staff, inspire teamwork, and take a leadership role.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and have a proactive attitude.
* Ability to build trust, confidence, and respect of clients and volunteers alike.
* Demonstrated ability to consistently remain calm and resilient under pressure.
* Must be able to simultaneously focus on the big picture, details, and driving results.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Excellent MS office skills.
Preferred but not required
* 1 – 3 years of event management or project management experience.
* Knowledge of the Artist Alley culture
Job Type: Temporary short term with opportunity of a long term; part-time position.